Bier, Freunde and Fun
Break out your lederhosen or dirndl for a taste of Deutschland on Sept. 23-24 in Waukesha. If you enjoy beer, food and fun with friends you won’t want to miss our first Waukesha Oktoberfest! Here are all the details.
- When: Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24.
- Where: The formal garden area at Frame Park
- Food: Brats, hotdogs, roasted almonds, brat pizza, Bavarian pretzels and donuts The event is free, open to the public and will include German music, entertainment, activities, food and beverages. German contests like hammerschlagen, masskrugstemmen, and cornhole will be available to play.
5pm – “tapping of the Firkin’ sponsored by Sprecher Brewing Company and Mayor Shawn Reilly
5-9pm – Blaskapelle Milwaukee will perform until 9pm
Food and contests will be available throughout the night.
10am – Wurst Beer Biathlon, in cooperation with Silver Circle Sports. The Biathalon is a run and food/beer event combined. Runners complete a 1.5 mile run before stopping at the Kraut Korner where they will down a tasty brat, then finish another mile run and at the finish line a cold brew will be waiting for them. Register here.
If you enjoy live entertainment, you can check out one of these options:
- 10am-2pm – Erich von Klaussen
- 2:30-5pm – Kenny Brandt Band
- 5pm – German dancers
- 5:30-9pm – Edelweiss, local fan favorite that performs German/Austrian folk songs as well as rock & roll and country music
When you go:
Waukesha Oktoberfest will be held in the formal garden area at Frame Park. There are several roads under construction off of I94 and a few side streets, so we recommend considering one of these alternate routes to get to Frame Park.